Thursday, January 12, 2012

OYC: Avocado and Calle Verde

Another amazing Occupation of Corners has taken place! This time at the intersection of Avocado and Calle Verde near Mt. Helix, San Diego! Four amazing Occupiers took their messages of fairness and awareness to the streets full of cars on their lunch hour.


Hosted by Occupier Norrie (above), these four informed their neighbors and fellow members of the community that they weren't taking corruption as the status quo anymore.



In Occupier Tammy's words
"We do have a lot of vehicle traffic there. Susan and I worked well together on our corner...My sign doesn't say OCCUPY. It says DEMOCRACY for SALE...with fake money on it. Susan had two signs that had OCCUPY on it. I think that's why we had the conversation with the dude who rolled down his window..VERY positive......MANY beeps! waves, thumbs ups! Not ONE negative comment! : ).."



"...The dude at first gave Susan and I two thumbs up! WOOO HOO! I gave them back to him...so he rolled down his passenger side window and said "Great job ladies!" " You have it right...Our gov't is bought and paid for! " I just smiled and I think I said THANK YOU!...."

NO, Thank YOU, Ladies!

OCCUPY!




No comments:

Post a Comment