Friday, November 18, 2011

11.17 - OWS = WINNING!

Yesterday was amazing... I mean really. Fucking incredible... the entire aware, concerned world stood up! I stayed part of the day in to work and volunteer time for non-profits and watch the global events unfold. Merton from across the county and thousands of other Occupiers from across the country, myself included, enjoyed spending the day off and on quietly tag teaming the Twitter/Facebook/G+ feeds with pro-99% information... at times we were flooding the internet with so much positive #ows material, it was unstoppable to just watch the RTs roll! I alone must've signed 30 petitions and forwarded important information all over the world...


I then took my Pocket Protester and walked carefully, casually all around Hillcrest for over an hour: on Corners, at stoplights, passing by restaurants and bars, being obvious to waiting cars... thumbs ups, car honks, and smiles all came my way as I suggested they "Ditch Your Bank - Join a Credit Union" for purely their own benefit. I even walked thru a few stores for supplies, holding my sign at my side very casually, making no big deal: just holding a piece of paper. But it was seen.


Upon return to my computer, I saw the most amazing things: bloody smiling faces of freedom, thousands of people flooding international streets, bridges turned into connections, calls for resignations and reconciliations, little girls screaming into streams of caustic chemicals, anti-OWS journalists denouncing the NYPD and thanking OWS, police videoed molesting women and pulling their hair and clothes off, NYPD attacking and handcuffing sick women to their wheelchairs, tents flying thru the sky, new occupations still springing up months later, police men giving up the ruse and joining their real sisters and brothers, and buildings avenging against their own masters upon the backdrop of a night urban sky.


But most importantly, I've heard speak of the Occupy Movement becoming it's own political party purely for and by the people. It's already generating it's own congressional runners, journalists, media outlets, vendors, unions, industry captains, financial leaders, religious figures, and entertainment icons. It's already making decisions in Congress and Financial Board rooms by pulling the wool from America's eyes day to day. And it's all happening spontaneously, independently, organically, so it begins from a ground that can start carefully – free of lobbying, influence, and greed. It can start, if done correctly, from the heart.


It was and is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever seen. I am so proud of you all... you have restored my faith and belief in what humanity can be, and not what it's become. You are each troopers, soldiers and agents... you each roll with the correct arrangement. You proved that from a few hundred to hundreds of thousands, this is a movement that is not like fire to the world... it is like water. No matter what you do, baby, once your wet your wet: and you just gotta deal with it. So cleanse...

Occupy.


Radiohead artist Stanley Donwood

No comments:

Post a Comment