Monday, November 14, 2011

OccupYrCorner Meeting 3

We are going to have our 3rd OccupYrCorner meeting at Lestat's on Park, Wednesday, November 16th at 6pm debriefing our latest and first official Corner Occupation from last weekend. We'll be reviewing our individual thoughts and experiences from the day for future, and pull together some sort of official advice points. Also, we'll review translations, materials, and options for marketing and spreading OYC to other areas.

We'll also talk about Occupation plans for this week (there is a Bridge Occupation happening Thursday, OccupYrCorner Chula Vista on Sunday, etc.) and the future ("OccupYrCorner Day", upcoming events, single Corner Occupations). 

Beyond that, I've been staging my own Corner Occupations while walking to do errands. I've been trying to leave a little early and miss each stoplight on purpose, carrying my sign calmly with me as I walk, and proudly when at street corners. So far, and as before, I received a great response from cars passing by with horns honking, thumbs up through widows, as well as waves and smiles from passengers and drivers. I even got a high-five and a "That's Great!" from a fellow pedestrian today. 


Finally, I've been happy to find mentions and talk all over the internet about modifying and motivating the Occupy movement out of the big march int eh street mentality on to the sidewalks, bars, stores, TVs... everywhere! I am so into this movement and this particular concept especially as it all belongs to no one: it is fluid and free, and can be anywhere at all times, in as many ways as we can imagine...






No comments:

Post a Comment