Friday, November 4, 2011

Log: Day 2

So I'll keep a log of some goings on that are cool:

  • We seems to have volunteers organizing already - compiling information for flyers and education; listings of corners and strategics on meeting up;  talking about how to beef up web followship and realtime participation
  • The First Official OccupYrCorner Day seems to be set: November 26th - with talks of every Saturday or Sunday after until Xmas and beyond
  • I'm happy to hear support on keeping the messages on our signage as forward thinking and not incendiary as possible. It's a free movement, do what you want, but "one thing I want to try and stress as an idea: the signs and rhetoric should be statements, and not just opinions. We want people to not see we're mad... they got that... now we want them to start realizing what we are sick of shielding our eyes from. Thus, keeping it general "ditch your bank, I DID" is perfect... you can even walk a block or two down from the bank where traffic is flowing. Make them put 2 and 2 together. (Also avoid getting harassed by police/secuuurity.)" - from Facebook.
  • Susan has the right idea when she said on Facebook "Offer solutions. By the end of next week, I will try and compile a list of "Green" small businesses in the North Park area ... and hopefully beyond. Even a list of Farmer's Markets. Encourage folk to buy USA. Save at a local banks/credit union. Support local farmers (avoid the orange shipped here from Australia and tell them why) Buy shade free coffee .. etc etc etc. "
  • The incomparable Sam and I have talked about further technologies to use to facilitate this - Google Docs for signup and literature, possible smart phone integration... any ideas?
Thank you all for making this even remotely possible! Even if it's just me standing on a corner with my sign, by myself, I know I'll have made a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment